English Language Learners (ELL) services support development of students’ English language skills and ensure access to grade level academic content for all students. Students qualify for ELL services until they reach a high level of English skills, not only in speaking and listening, but also in reading and writing.
The following are key features of ELL services in Highline:
- Staff throughout Highline are dedicated to ensuring ELL-qualified students gain English proficiency.
- Each school writes an ELL Service Plan that outlines how students’ language learning needs are addressed.
- ELL services are integrated and aligned with general education programming.
- Support schools with the creation and implementation innovative and powerful instructional programs for English Language Learners
- Design and provide professional development for educators working with culturally and linguistically diverse students
- Provide other ongoing support to all stakeholders