The Highline bond has been approved by voters! The latest vote count shows 66.99 percent in favor. Election results will be certified November 29.
We are grateful to Highline voters for supporting our students by providing safer schools and room to learn. We pledge to continue our record of good stewardship of bond funds and on-time, on-budget construction projects.
Thanks to the passage of the bond, we will be able to:
- Install electronic locks on every classroom door.
- Upgrade the video surveillance system at every school in the district.
- Rebuild Highline High School, preserving as much of the façade as structurally and financially feasible.
- Begin design of new Evergreen, Tyee and Pacific campuses.
- Build a new school on the district-owned Zenith site to house Des Moines students, with room for growing enrollment.
- Build a new middle school on the district-owned Glacier site.
- Replenish the capital fund, which will be depleted in 2017-18. This fund covers critical needs and emergency repairs.
- Make safety improvements to the Olympic site, so it can be used to house students during the HHS construction and future school construction projects.
The bond measure will provide students with safer schools, smaller class sizes, and room to learn in our fast-growing district. The bond is part of a long-term facilities plan developed by a citizen-led committee.
Use the links below to learn more about Highline Public Schools Proposition 1.